Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Nov 15 Annual Meeting agenda and candidate bios

November 15, 2010 Oella Homeowners Association Annual Meeting Agenda
7pm, Main Hall, Westchester Center

1)Call to order if quorum is established
2)Introduction of Board of Directors & Community Manager
3)Approval of 2009 Annual Meeting Minutes—member vote
4)Treasurer’s report--review of 2010 budget status, delinquency report; proposed budget for 2011, HOA expenses, paying dues online/automatic payments
5)Landscaping and common area maintenance—vegetation areas; parking areas:paving & painting needs, snow removal; long range plan for repair/replacement/improvements (draft)
6)Architectural Review Committee
7)Guidelines discussion
8)Encroachment at Charles James Circle—member vote on granting easements
9)Introduction of candidates for Board of Directors
10)Questions and comments from residents
11)Election-- member vote by written ballot, counting of votes and verification of ballots,results will be announced on the HOA website
12)Adjourn

Board Candidates (alphabetical order):

Anne Altemus (Current board Vice President). I moved to Oella in 1993, and bought my home in 1996. I am a medical illustrator by training, and currently work at the National Library of Medicine at NIH in Bethesda , MD and am an Assistant Professor at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in the Department of Art As Applied to Medicine. My primary office location is at the NIH in Bethesda , MD. It is a lengthy and sometimes arduous commute, but once I turn onto Oella Avenue and wind up the hill toward Long Brick Row, I quickly realize why I live in Oella. I was appointed to the HOA Board in the Spring of 2007 to fill a vacancy and then formally elected later that year. I am keenly interested in many aspects of the service of the Board in support of the Association with specific emphasis on a few areas: providing historical consistency to the oversight of the work of the Board and its volunteer governance, preserving the charming and historic character of the village, and finally, supporting my neighbors who serve in many ways to make Oella a wonderful community.

Don Drehoff (Oella resident). I feel I could contribute the following to the community: 1)hold to, if not reduce, the existing budget and HOA assessments; 2) work to replace the existing management company, if not eliminate; 3) minimize the influence of the ARC, if not eliminate altogether; 4) limit the encroaching control of the HOA, if not eliminate altogether; 5) neutralize Wagandt’s negative impact on the community. I have the following background: 1) MBA; 2) MS in strategy; 3) previous HOA experience (Aspenwood , early 90s); 4) a desire to represent those in the community who have had unfavorable experiences with the HOA.

Raina Rath (Current board President). I have lived in the Oella area since 1994. I am interested in preserving the historic streetscapes and natural landscapes that drew me to the area. Oella is unique in so many aspects that I felt it important to serve on the board to establish a functional and cohesive written governing policy. I am a local attorney and enjoy my Oella home which is a serene retreat from the workaday world.