Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Oella HOA Board Candidates

Nominees may also be made from the floor. This list will be updated periodically prior to the meeting on Nov 14, 7:15pm, Westchester Center Main Hall.

Shirley McMonigle: I have lived in Oella for just over three years and I am ready to get involved representing my neighborhood. I have worked for the National Security Agency for over 26 years and have three degrees: an MBA, B.A. in Mathematics, and an A.S. in Computer Science. I have previous experience serving on a different HOA as Secretary and earlier this year submitted an ARC request and was approved to build a new deck.

Cynthia Roth: I moved into Oella in May of 2007 with my partner Dennis and my dog Isabel. I first fell in love with the historic beauty of Oella after visiting the artists in the Mill prior to its conversion into an apartment building. I worked for Verizon as a software analyst for 20 years and retired in 2004. Shortly after, I realized I was not ready to retire and took jobs as a computer programmer for the Howard County Health Department and the Anne Arundel County Health Department. I retired for good in June of 2008. Now that I am retired I feel I can put in time to try and help the community keep the historic beauty of Oella preserved.

Briana Wilson: I have lived on Pleasant Hill in Oella with my husband, dog, and two cats for just over a year now. I have a great love of history and hiking - two things Oella has plenty of. I have found my Oella neighbors to be very welcoming and friendly and I would love the chance to serve the community here to help promote and preserve the history, the hiking, and above all the friendliness that make Oella such a great place to live. I hope to use my project management skills to assist the board in any way I can. I thank you and look forward to being more involved in our community.